2 cups peeled diced organic apples
1/2 cup organic maple syrup
1 cup organic raw cashews
1/2 cup organic coconut oil
1/4 cup organic tahini
1/2 tsp organic cinnamon
1/2 tsp organic vanilla extract
1/4 tsp sea salt
Makes 64 pieces
Nutritional analysis per piece:
Protein: 1 g Fat: 3 g Carbohydrate: 3 g Calories: 40 Fibre: 0 g Sodium : 10 mg
- In a sauté pan cook apples with maple syrup over medium high heat until juices have reduced and apples are caramelized; about 5 minutes.
- Scrape apples into a high powered blender or food processor; blend with cashews, coconut oil, tahini, cinnamon, vanilla and salt until finely puréed.
- Line a 9-inch square baking pan with a piece of parchment paper long enough to run up two sides for easy removal. Using a rubber spatula scrape mixture into pan evenly, smoothing the surface. Sprinkle with additional cinnamon if desired.
- Freeze uncovered for three hours or until frozen.
- Slice fudge with a thin sharp knife into eight pieces, then again crosswise eight times to make 64 equal pieces. Keep frozen in an air-tight container layered with wax paper.
- Will keep frozen for up to one month.